Despite Narendra Modi’s overtures to the Trinamool Congress during his rally at Kolkata’s Brigade Parade Ground Tuesday, the ruling partly of Bengal stoutly refused any alliance with the BJP — even after the Lok Sabha elections.
The statement came from minister for urban development Firhad Hakim who said that only a “secular”and “transparent” government would come to power in Delhi after the parliamentary elections.
“Our leader (Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee) has already made it clear that we would not have any truck with the BJP under any circumstances. We don’t want a government with people who perpetrated manslaughter. The Congress is a sinking ship. Modi can never become the prime minister. We believe a government comprising representatives of the regional parties will come to power at the Centre,’’ Hakim said at his office Writers’ Building.
The minister said the BJP should have cut its coat according to its cloth. “Those who do not have the wherewithal of even filling up a small patch under Gandhi statue (at Maidan), have dared to convene a rally at Brigade Parade Ground. They should have chosen a city park. The rally was a flop.’’ Criticising Modi for his statements, like the one that only four per cent of girls’ schools in West Bengal have toilets, Hakim said the BJP prime ministerial candidate did not do his homework thoroughly.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More