Amid the Trinamool Congress faction clash in New Town over syndicates allegedly managed by supporters of party MLA, Sabyasachi Dutta, and MP, Kakoli Ghosh Dastidar, members of the Confederation of Real Estate Developers’ Associations of India (CREDAI) will hold a meeting soon to determine their stand.
“Builders have complained to me, but in an informal manner. We have not received any formal complaints due to obvious reasons. They are suffering and afraid at the same time. It is a very sensitive matter and we are going to have a meeting in a day or two to decide what our stand would be,” said Harsha Vardhan Patodia, CREDAI president, Bengal chapter.
Supporters of Sabyasachi Dutta said, people who were denied tickets by Dutta in the Panchayat election had been encouraged by Dastidar to contest as independent candidates and now, after winning elections, they teamed up with Dastidar against Dutta in a turf war at New Town where milking money from builders in the name of supplying building materials at a high premium is common practice.
Sources said, Dutta met urban development minister Firhad Hakim in this regard. “Yes, I had met him but it had nothing to do with this problem. I am not involved in this building business so it is not my look-out. As an MLA I have told the police officials concerned to tackle it according to law,” Dutta said. He however, admitted that others who were involved were TMC supporters. “I cannot say if Kalkolidi (Dastidar) is involved in it but it is true that those who were denied tickets in the Panchayat polls contested as independent or other parties and had later defected to TMC. These are the persons creating problems,” he said.
Asked why he didn’t attend any campaign rally in favour of Dastidar, he said, “I have done a lot of work in her support otherwise it would not have been possible for her to win by such a huge margin.” Dastidar too denied any involvement in faction clash. “People are supporters of the party and its supremo. There are no followers of any individual. Whoever is doing it is doing it for their personal interest,” she said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
TMC senior leader Partha Chatterjee refused to comment saying, “There is no involvement of the party in it and if any party member is involved, we will take care of it internally. Why should we talk to you about it?”