TO DEAL with increasing number of incidents of sexual harassment against transgenders and alleged police inaction in such cases, the state social welfare department, along with the state transgender development board, has decided to introduce a system where such complaints could be lodged online and also on the cellphone.
It was learnt that a link to lodge such a complaint online could be found at the official website of the social welfare department, which could also be downloaded on cellphones. “The complaints could be filed either by the victim or someone else. Complaints in both the cases would be accepted by department and sent for further action,” a senior official said.
“Such an initiative has become even more necessary in the light of recent complaints received by the state transgender development board regarding alleged police apathy and the reluctance of the officers to lodge FIRs… Police have been been accused of humiliating victims when they went to file complaints,” the official added.
“With the introduction of the online system of filing complaints, all complaints will reach the department directly and initiating action would be easier,” the official said. He added that other that receiving online complaints, online legal advice and counselling would also be provided to the victims and their family members.
“Some NGOs working for the transgender community already have online or helpline services providing counselling. We will rope in legal practitioners, lawyers and psychiatrists,” the official said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest