Five days after 19-year-old Sourav Choudhury was brutally murdered for protesting against liquor mafia in North-24 Parganas, three cabinet ministers of the TMC-led government and party general secretary Mukul Roy Friday held a political meeting at Bamangachi, apparently ‘in the memory of our Sourav Choudhury’.
State Food Minister Jyotipriya Mallick said in the meeting that the teenager’s murderers were sheltered by BJP and Congress leaders.
Mallick also showed a photograph where Sourav is seen with some TMC leaders. “He was a member of our party and we have evidence to prove that. Sourav was killed by the miscreants sheltered by the BJP and Congress. They have been arrested and will be punished,” said Mallick. He added that TMC would hold a rally at Bamangachi on July 14 to protest against the murder.
Mukul Roy reiterated that the victim was a party member and added that the government would ensure that Sourav’s family got justice. “I have not come here to play politics over his death. I want to say that the government is not sleeping and is strongly against crimes like rape and murder. The accused Shyamal Karmakar was arrested within two days of committing the heinous act and would soon be convicted,” said Roy. State law minister Chandrima Bhattacharya, too, claimed Sourav as a member of the ruling party’s student wing and added that stringent action would be taken against the culprits.
Meanwhile, the victim’s family members expressed displeasure over the use of Sourav’s name on a political platform. “My brother was never associated with any political party. He must have been standing there with his friends, who are TMCP members. That’s how he figured in the photograph. We do not want politics over his death,” said Sandip Choudhury, Sourav’s elder brother.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Interestingly, police are now after TMC leader Sisir Mukherjee, who booked a room in a Tarapith hotel to shelter prime accused Shyamal Karmakar, and is now absconding.