Five days after 19-year-old Sourav Choudhury was brutally murdered for protesting against liquor mafia in North-24 Parganas, three cabinet ministers of the TMC-led government and party general secretary Mukul Roy Friday held a political meeting at Bamangachi, apparently ‘in the memory of our Sourav Choudhury’.
State Food Minister Jyotipriya Mallick said in the meeting that the teenager’s murderers were sheltered by BJP and Congress leaders.
Mallick also showed a photograph where Sourav is seen with some TMC leaders. “He was a member of our party and we have evidence to prove that. Sourav was killed by the miscreants sheltered by the BJP and Congress. They have been arrested and will be punished,” said Mallick. He added that TMC would hold a rally at Bamangachi on July 14 to protest against the murder.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Mukul Roy reiterated that the victim was a party member and added that the government would ensure that Sourav’s family got justice. “I have not come here to play politics over his death. I want to say that the government is not sleeping and is strongly against crimes like rape and murder. The accused Shyamal Karmakar was arrested within two days of committing the heinous act and would soon be convicted,” said Roy. State law minister Chandrima Bhattacharya, too, claimed Sourav as a member of the ruling party’s student wing and added that stringent action would be taken against the culprits.
Meanwhile, the victim’s family members expressed displeasure over the use of Sourav’s name on a political platform. “My brother was never associated with any political party. He must have been standing there with his friends, who are TMCP members. That’s how he figured in the photograph. We do not want politics over his death,” said Sandip Choudhury, Sourav’s elder brother.
Interestingly, police are now after TMC leader Sisir Mukherjee, who booked a room in a Tarapith hotel to shelter prime accused Shyamal Karmakar, and is now absconding.