Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee Sunday asserted that her party is not in fray to play fixed matches even as she launched a scathing attack on President Pranab Mukherjee and state Congress chief Adhir Chowdhury Addressing a rally in Jangipur, the Lok Sabha constituency where the President’s son Abhijit is the Congress candidate, Mamata, without taking any names, said that only opening banks will not help in creating employment or lift the standard of living of people.
She was referring to the inauguration of a number of banks by Pranab as the then finance minister as part of the financial inclusion programme. “Do not vote for people who are being tried for two murders,” she said, referring to Adhir Chowdhury.
Launching an attack on the opposition parties, she said: “BJP, Congress and CPIM are playing fixed matches. We are not into any such games,” she said campaigning for Haji Nurul Islam, the TMC candidate from Jangipur.
She alleged that Congress only made false promises and that it would get a big zero. “They are responsible for price rise and corruption. Don’t give them any vote,” she said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The TMC supremo claimed that her party would play a pivotal role in the formation of government in Delhi and called on the people to send as many party candidates as possible to the Lok Sabha to consolidate its position.
“A conspiracy is on. They have a lot of anger against me,” she said without naming anyone with reference to her narrow escape in last week’s fire in her hotel room at Malda.
“They can’t do anything politically, so they try to take my life. But I don’t care about all this. I will live like a tigress as long as I live. I only care about the people and nothing else,” she asserted.
Mamata had a narrow escape on April 17 after a fire broke out in a hotel room she was staying in Malda district while she was campaigning for the Lok Sabha poll.
The following day, the police recovered a bomb-like device under a culvert on the Suri-Bolpur road barely half an hour before she was to pass through it to address a rally.