Raising voice against the “deprivation of Muslims and other backward communities in the state”, expelled CPM leader Abdur Rezzak Mollah, retired IPS officer Nazrul Islam and Deganga TMC MLA M Nuruzzaman today shared platform at a book launch where they together criticised the state government for “neglecting” the minorities.
Both Nazrul and Mollah reproached the state for “not creating space for the minorities in government and other important posts”. Party MLA Nuruzzaman, on the other hand, said the minorities are aggrieved with the TMC for naming only seven Muslim candidates in its list of 42 claimants for as many Lok Sabha seats in Bengal.
“I have told the members in Assembly that the government has to take care of the minorities. There has to be proportionate space for them in high posts and in the government,” said Nuruzzaman, who, along with Mollah and Nazrul (known critics of TMC), had gathered for the launch of the book Udaar Aakash – a compilation of essays written by Nazrul and Mollah.
When asked if he would face any disciplinary action for speaking out against the TMC like this, Nuruzzaman said,” I have come here to speak for my people. If my party questions me, I will give them an appropriate answer.”
Mollah, who was expelled from the TMC last month for his “anti-party activities” and for “denigrating the party’s image in public,” reaffirmed that his new outfit — Samajik Nyayabichar Mancha — “will bring a Dalit chief minister and a Muslim home minister” after 2016 Assembly polls. “Nobody can stop us from doing that. I have set the ball rolling and it will gather momentum,” he said. The retired IPS officer, too, commented on how he had to face “administration’s wrath” for his writings. Accusing CM Mamata Banerjee of using the police as a “tool”, Nazrul said such a trend is very dangerous for democracy.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016