Trinamool Congress Friday reprimanded party MLA Arjun Singh for talking to media about an alleged “murder attempt on him”, but added that by speaking against the policemen he has “not committed any blasphemy”.
“The party will see what can be done. But by speaking against the police he did not commit any act of blasphemy. He is aggrieved and he can go to the Speaker also. We have no problem with that. Regarding his demand for action against some policemen, the party will take the matter with the government,” Mukul Roy, party general secretary, who presided over the TMCLP meeting here, told The Indian Express.
Arjun had alleged that he was attacked on June 4 by several policemen led by an ACP in”an attempt to murder him”. He sent letters to Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Assembly Speaker Biman Banerjee demanding action against the “erring police officers”.
On Friday, Arjun said he would not sit idle till action was taken against Kalyan Sarkar, the assistant commissioner of police, Barrackpore, with whom he had the tussle. “I am an MLA. How dare the police official stop my car and point a pistol on my forehead. He asked me to get down from my car, searched me and then conducted a search of my car. He will have to face the music for this,” Arjun, MLA from Bhatpara, said outside the Vidhan Sabha.
On June 4, at Tobin Road at Baranagar area, the police led by Sarkar stopped the MLA’s car, and searched both Arjun and his car. They later said they were looking for contraband and the policemen could not recognise the MLA. Arjun’s supporters later staged road and rail blockade and even staged a demonstration in front of Barrackpore police commissionerate Thursday.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest