In the coming days, West Bengal Congress might face another defection as speculations are rife that the party’s secretary Samrat Topadar, who was undergoing treatment at a private hospital until Sunday, was visited by leaders of Trinamool Congress but not by anyone from his own party – a factor he termed as “disconcerting”.
Topadar also admitted that he has been asked to join TMC.
“Yes. I have been offered to move to TMC because people think that workers like us are not getting the kind of respect we should. There is a definite lack of sentiment among the top leaders of the state,” he said.
Among the TMC leaders who visited Topadar at the hospital on August 29 was Soumik Hossain, former Youth Congress president who recently shifted to TMC. When the word went out, senior Congress leader Pradeep Bhattacharya and some others hurried over to meet their ailing worker. By then, however, Topadar had already taken things to heart.
“It is true that no one (from Congress) came to visit me at the hospital. It is nothing new. Even earlier, when I was badly beaten up while campaigning as the Congress candidate from Barrackpore during the Lok Sabha elections, no one had paid me a visit. These little gestures are missing in the Congress party which is a bit disconcerting,” he told The Indian Express soon after he was discharged from the hospital on Sunday.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Congress state president Adhir Chowdhury said he had no idea that Topadar was even unwell or that he was admitted to a hospital.
“How will I know if I am not informed? I had no idea he was hospitalised. Had I known, I would have definitely visited him. There is no need to get emotional over this issue,” he said. Interestingly, a Chowdhury had admitted during the Foundation Day celebration of Chhatra Parishad that “senior leaders, including me, had ignored the grassroots workers who make us ministers, MPs and MLAs”.