The BJP’s West Bengal unit today accused the ruling Trinamool Congress of trying to spark communal tensions with “help from a section of its administration” to halt the party’s rise in the state. State BJP president Rahul Sinha said he has “specific information that TMC and a section of the administration was trying to spark communal violence in the state”. He stated that Governor M K Narayanan has been informed about this, “They will blame the rise of the BJP behind it (tensions). This is their ploy. I have informed the Governor who has passed this (information) on to his higher authorities,” Sinha said. “We request people to counter any such intention (that seeks) to destroy the communal fabric,” he added.
The TMC denied the allegation and, in turn, accused the BJP of trying to stoke communal tensions in the state. “This is an absolute baseless allegation. Our leader (Chief Minister) Mamata Banerjee is a symbol of peace. Rather, I would say the BJP is trying to flare up communal passions in the state. But they won’t be successful,” TMC MP Idris Ali said.
The BJP, which put up a stellar performance in the Lok Sabha polls, began a two-day state committee meeting to chalk out its future course of action to increase the party’s base in the state. “We have decided to divide all the 19 districts in 10 segments with a BJP observer looking after each segment. The Kolkata Municipal Corporation area, which will go to polls next year, has been divided into five segments for better coordination,” Sinha said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage