Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee Sunday continued her tirade against BJP, saying her party did not endorse politics of division like the saffron party.
“We do not believe in divisive politics like the BJP. The BJP always tries to drive a wedge between the Hindus and the Muslims,” Mamata said at an election rally here. “We do not say that the Hindus do not like the Muslims and vice versa.
This is a conspiracy which is being hatched”.
Without taking anyone’s name, the Bengal chief minister said, “A leader of big stature who aspires to run the country from Delhi is distanced from his wife. His wife is scared to talk to him. If that person cannot run his own family properly, then how is he capable to run the nation?” she quipped.
Terming CBI as the “Congress Bureau of Investigation”, she said, “It has failed to probe cases ranging from Nobel theft to Tapasi Malik rape and murder in Singur to the Gynaeswari Express conspiracy. I used to hold CBI in great respect. But not any more,” Mamata said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
She said that the Congress, BJP, CPI-M were on the same branch of the tree.
On development of Howrah, she said that the Left Front in the last 34 years had not done anything in this regard and claimed that her government had earmarked Rs 100 crore for the development of the area. “But work cannot be started now because of the polls,” she noted.
She reminded the rally that the chit fund business started in West Bengal in the 80s during CPI-M rule and flourished under Left patronage. “What about Ganashakti carrying ads of Saradha?” Mamata wondered.
Bengal spent Rs 5,000 crore for 100 days work, while Gujarat spent only Rs 500 crore, she pointed out alleging that the BJP spent thousands of crores for poll ad campaigns.