State BJP president Rahul Sinha on Monday told reporters that several opposition members have joined the BJP earlier in the day.
“TMC councillor from Suri, footballer Swapan Sengupta and Congress councillor of Barrackpore Municipality Ramesh Shaw joined the party on Monday formally.
Haji Nasiruddin of Barrackpore, prominent figure of the locality, and his 300 supporters, too, have joined the party, a sign that we are gaining support of members from the minority as well,” Sinha told reporters during a press conference.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
He added that at a forthcoming event on July 16, many political activists of TMC and Congress will join the BJP. He also hinted that the slain independent panchayat member Sagar Ghosh’s son, Hriday Ghosh, might also join the BJP on that day.