State BJP president Rahul Sinha on Monday told reporters that several opposition members have joined the BJP earlier in the day.
“TMC councillor from Suri, footballer Swapan Sengupta and Congress councillor of Barrackpore Municipality Ramesh Shaw joined the party on Monday formally.
Haji Nasiruddin of Barrackpore, prominent figure of the locality, and his 300 supporters, too, have joined the party, a sign that we are gaining support of members from the minority as well,” Sinha told reporters during a press conference.
He added that at a forthcoming event on July 16, many political activists of TMC and Congress will join the BJP. He also hinted that the slain independent panchayat member Sagar Ghosh’s son, Hriday Ghosh, might also join the BJP on that day.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More