Accusing the Trinamool Congress of “unleashing terror” and “not allowing thousands of voters to cast votes”, the Left Front on Thursday asked the Election Commission to hold the polling again at over hundred booths in Cooch Behar parliamentary seat.
As the first phase of Lok Sabha elections began Thursday, reports of TMC activists threatening and assaulting polling agents of other parties began spreading. Later, Forward Bloc MLA Udayn Guha and party candidate from Cooch Behar, Dipak Roy, approached the EC demanding that polls in the area be held again while staging a dharna outside the District Magistrate’s office. Shortly after, a consortium of Left Front leaders lodged a written complaint with the West Bengal Chief Election Officer, Sunil Kumar Gupta.
Senior CPM leader Rabin Deb confirmed that the demand has been put before the EC to conduct re-polling at 116 booths in Cooch Behar and 55 booths in Tufanganj area of the Alipurduar seat as “the ruling party has rigged the polls” by “capturing booths”.
MLA Guha also claimed that there were no central forces deployed at the polling booths in \Sitalkuchi, Natabari and south assembly segment of the Cooch Behar seat even after the EC had assured of the presence of central forces at all polling stations.
Reacting to the allegations, Renuka Sinha, TMC’s Cooch Behar candidate, said the Left Front failed to provide polling agents at various places. “As they (Left parties) felt they won’t win the election, they have asked for re-polling.” Sinha went on to say that it is not the state government’s duty but that of the EC to deploy central forces. “If anything happens because of the non-deployment of central forces, the Election Commission will be responsible for it,” she said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More