Close on the heels of Union Minister Jairam Rameshs criticism of the ruling Trinamool Congress,the CPM today accused the TMC and the BJP of keeping a secret understanding.
What he (Jairam Ramesh) did not say was that recently (State Tourism Minister) Krishnendu Narayan Chowdhury shared dais with Narendra Modi during an event in Kerala. The RSS and BJP both share a link with the ruling party in a clandestine manner, senior CPM leader and former MP Mohammed Selim said.
He added since Bengal is not a place where people can indulge in aggressive communal politics,the BJP and the RSS are lying low in the state.
Pointing at the by-elections in the Howrah parliamentary constituency held earlier in June this year,Selim said it became a case in point for the understanding between the TMC and the BJP.
The BJP is yet to come up with a concrete reason for the withdrawal of their candidate from the by-polls. We have also analysed the result of the panchayat elections and they indicate that there was an understanding between the two parties, said Selim.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Trinamool will maintain equal distance from Cong,BJP: Subrata
KOLKATA: After Jairam Ramesh ruled out an alliance with Trinamool Congress in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections,senior TMC leader Subrata Mukherjee on Wednesday said his party will maintain equal distance from both the Congress and BJP.
We will keep a 1,000 km distance from both Congress and the BJP. We have contested elections alone and our position is well established in election results, Mukherjee,the panchayat minister,said.
He said that Rameshs remarks ruling out an alliance with TMC was not in tune with Prime Minister Manmohan Singhs contention. The Prime Minister said that in politics all doors remain open,while he (Ramesh) is saying something else, Mukherjee added. pti