Chief Minister and Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee Tuesday said the passage of Telangana Bill in Lok Sabha by voice vote despite her party’s demand for division is “worse than Emergency”.
Trinamool has asked for an appointment with President Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday to lodge its protest. Officials in Rashtrapati Bhavan said they are yet to receive a request.
“Parliamentary procedure requires that even if one MP asks for division, it should be allowed. The fact that despite our party, which has 29 MPs in the two Houses, asking for a division, and a government which is anyway in a comatose state tries to bulldoze a constitution amendment Bill is worse than Emergency, a disaster for democracy. My party has asked for time from the President to protest and to request him to ensure that such a thing should not be allowed in Rajya Sabha. The Bill effectively has not been passed because what happened was illegal,” said Banerjee.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen