Replaced by Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati as party’s Lok Sabha candidate from Gonda, suspended BSP leader Masood Alam Khan has now sought ticket from the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) for the Gonda parliamentary constituency.
If given an AAP ticket, Alam would be contesting against Union steel minister Beni Prasad Verma and Samajwadi Party candidate Nandita Shukla, who is currently the Gonda MLA. In mid-December, Mayawati had suspended Alam and replaced him with Akbar Ahmed ‘Dumpy’ as party’s candidate from Gonda parliamentary seat.
“When my ticket was taken back I had to apply through someone (party) as I had been working for the Lok Sabha elections for over an year. After I was replaced (as party’s candidate), my supporters were inclining towards AAP; they said I should contest from this party (AAP),” Alam told The Indian Express Wednesday. Alam was also actively campaigning on social media when he was replaced.
Alam was expelled in mid-December, 2013, along with four others, for allegedly indulging in anti-party activities.
The decision was taken on the basis of a video which allegedly showed them indulging in anti-party activities.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
A BSP worker since long, Alam was the Haldarmau block president in Katra Bazaar Vidhan Sabha between 2006-2011, before BSP decided to give him a ticket from Katra Bazaar for 2012 state elections. Alam lost to BJP’s Bawan Singh by a margin of 6,947 votes.