A 62-year-old former panchayat member of SUCI was allegedly beaten up with sticks and rods on Wednesday night following a dispute over possession of a water body at Raidighi area in South-24 Parganas district.
The deceased, identified as Santosh Mondal, was reportedly summoned by a kangaroo court over the dispute.
Sources said Mondal was beaten up at the kangaroo court.
- 10-year-old boy killed, several injured in crossfire between two ‘Trinamool-linked’ groups
- Man attacked by kin over monetary dispute dies
- Poll panel asks DM,SP to explain firing at villagers
- 4 killed,body found during 3rd phase of panchayat polls
- SUCI worker murdered in Joynagar
- CPM,Opposition trade charges over post-poll violence,victim buried
Following this, he was rushed to the Diamond Harbour Sub-Divisional Hospital.
However, he succumbed to his injuries early Thursday morning.
ASP (West) Chandra Sekhar Bardhan said the victim’s son has filed a complaint with the police and seven persons have been arrested in this regard.
SUCI, meanwhile, has called for a bandh in Raidighi on November 14.