Veteran actress Suchitra Sen continued to be in a critical condition Sunday, surviving on oxygen support and intravenous feeding, doctors attending on her said.
The 82-year-old actress has been put on BIPAP therapy through an endotracheal tube to control her oxygen saturation level in blood, a medical bulletin issued by the Belle Vue Clinic, where she is admitted since December 23, said.
Her low food intake has made her weak, the doctors said, adding they have intensified her nutrition therapy and are feeding her through an intravenous tube.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“A patient who is in the ITU (Intensive Treatment Unit) and on constant oxygen support cannot be stated to be out of danger,” critical care specialist Dr Subarata Maitra told reporters.
Doctors, however, said after a sudden deterioration of her health last evening following severe breathlessness, her medical condition has now stabilised and her heart rate and blood pressure are also stable.
In conscious condition now, the veteran actress has also been examined by Dr Dhiman Ganguli, Dr Pawan Agarwal and Dr Sunil Baran Roy. Besides, senior physician Dr Sukumar Mukherjee was also consulted by the medical board led by Dr Maitra.
Some members of the medical team are staying overnight at the super-speciality hospital to monitor the health of the actress. Sen’s daughter Moon Moon has also been staying at the hospital for long hours.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee went to see her today besides state Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya even as security cover was increased at the hospital by the Kolkata Police as anxious fans gathered outside.
Sen was the first Indian actress to win the best actress award internationally at the Moscow Film Festival.