Veteran actress Suchitra Sen continued to be in a critical condition Sunday, surviving on oxygen support and intravenous feeding, doctors attending on her said.
The 82-year-old actress has been put on BIPAP therapy through an endotracheal tube to control her oxygen saturation level in blood, a medical bulletin issued by the Belle Vue Clinic, where she is admitted since December 23, said.
Her low food intake has made her weak, the doctors said, adding they have intensified her nutrition therapy and are feeding her through an intravenous tube.
“A patient who is in the ITU (Intensive Treatment Unit) and on constant oxygen support cannot be stated to be out of danger,” critical care specialist Dr Subarata Maitra told reporters.
Doctors, however, said after a sudden deterioration of her health last evening following severe breathlessness, her medical condition has now stabilised and her heart rate and blood pressure are also stable.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In conscious condition now, the veteran actress has also been examined by Dr Dhiman Ganguli, Dr Pawan Agarwal and Dr Sunil Baran Roy. Besides, senior physician Dr Sukumar Mukherjee was also consulted by the medical board led by Dr Maitra.
Some members of the medical team are staying overnight at the super-speciality hospital to monitor the health of the actress. Sen’s daughter Moon Moon has also been staying at the hospital for long hours.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee went to see her today besides state Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya even as security cover was increased at the hospital by the Kolkata Police as anxious fans gathered outside.
Sen was the first Indian actress to win the best actress award internationally at the Moscow Film Festival.