Kolkata: Students in school evacuated over gas leak scare

The officers were unable to detect a leak, police said, adding school authorities had evacuated the students as a precautionary measure.

By: Express News Service | Kolkata | Updated: November 4, 2016 6:31 am

Students at Harrow Hall School in Park Street were evacuated after teachers suspected a gas leak inside the campus on Thursday. Police officers and two fire-tenders rushed to the spot and conducted a check in the presence of DC (South) Murlidhar Sharma. Several students told officers that they were inside their classrooms when they were suddenly told to evacuate the building. The officers were unable to detect a leak, police said, adding school authorities had evacuated the students as a precautionary measure.