Rebel Trinamool Congress leader, Hriday Ghosh, whose father and independent panchayat member Sagar Ghosh was killed during last year’s panchayat election in Birbhum district’s Kasba village, met the district BJP leaders Sunday and expressed his wish to join the saffron party.
Ghosh and others had fought the panchayat election as independent candidates and secured a majority in the Kasba village panchayat-board. “We have decided to join the BJP and discussed it with the BJP leadership. The final date will be fixed after a discussion with party leaders,” Ghosh said.
Confirming the development, BJP district president Dudh Kumar Mondal said the final decision would be taken shortly even as state party chief Rahul Sinha said he had no clue about Hriday joining the party.
According to sources, Hriday might officially be announced as a BJP party member at a tribal function Monday in Birbhum. However, Mondal said: “I will be attending the tribal function as an invitee, but Hriday will officially be joining around July 21 at a function in Bolpur”.
Sagar Ghosh, father of Hriday Ghosh, was shot dead in his house on the eve of the election day on July 21 last year allegedly after TMC’s Birbhum president Anubrata Mondal instigated his party members to attack independent candidates and hurl bombs at policemen if they came to their rescue. Forty-one persons, including Anubrata , and sabhadhipati, Birbhum Zilla parishad, Bikash Roychowdhury, were accused in the case.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016