Rebel Trinamool Congress leader, Hriday Ghosh, whose father and independent panchayat member Sagar Ghosh was killed during last year’s panchayat election in Birbhum district’s Kasba village, met the district BJP leaders Sunday and expressed his wish to join the saffron party.
Ghosh and others had fought the panchayat election as independent candidates and secured a majority in the Kasba village panchayat-board. “We have decided to join the BJP and discussed it with the BJP leadership. The final date will be fixed after a discussion with party leaders,” Ghosh said.
Confirming the development, BJP district president Dudh Kumar Mondal said the final decision would be taken shortly even as state party chief Rahul Sinha said he had no clue about Hriday joining the party.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
According to sources, Hriday might officially be announced as a BJP party member at a tribal function Monday in Birbhum. However, Mondal said: “I will be attending the tribal function as an invitee, but Hriday will officially be joining around July 21 at a function in Bolpur”.
Sagar Ghosh, father of Hriday Ghosh, was shot dead in his house on the eve of the election day on July 21 last year allegedly after TMC’s Birbhum president Anubrata Mondal instigated his party members to attack independent candidates and hurl bombs at policemen if they came to their rescue. Forty-one persons, including Anubrata , and sabhadhipati, Birbhum Zilla parishad, Bikash Roychowdhury, were accused in the case.