Seven infants have reportedly died in Malda Medical College and Hospital in the past 24 hours.
Hospital authorities claimed all the seven infants were of “low birth weight” and were referred to Malda hospital from different hospitals in a critical state.
“The infants who have died were of low birth weight. They were referred to the hospital from other heath centres. Most of them died of choking and abnormal breathing,” said hospital’s deputy superintendent Jyotish Chandra Das. He added the deaths were not due to “medical negligence”. The hospital authorities said most of these cases were of non-institutional delivery.
The hospital was upgraded from a district hospital to a medical college in 2011 to cater to North Bengal.
Deaths of at least eight children over 48 hours was reported in the same hospital in June.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016