Seven months after he was arrested when his company went bust defrauding people of Rs 2,460 crore, the chairman of Saradha Group has expressed his wish to dispose of his properties to return money to investors, said suspended Trinamool Congress MP Kunal Ghosh Friday.
“He (Sudipta Sen) told me that he wants to sell all his properties and return the money to the investors,” Ghosh, who used to head Saradha Group’s media arm, said.
Ghosh and his former employer met for the first time, in a court lock-up, after being arrested in connection with the Saradha chit fund scam. While Sen was arrested in April last year, Ghosh, a Rajya Sabha MP, was arrested in November.
“We met and spoke after a long time,” Ghosh told journalists outside a city court where both were produced.
Significantly, Ghosh had been demanding to meet Sen for a long time. During several rounds of interrogation, before he was arrested Ghosh had demanded to meet Sen in presence of the investigators, but the joint interrogation could never be arranged.
Sen, too, before his arrest in April, had blamed Ghosh, the former CEO of Saradha group’s media arm, for pressurising him to sell his news channel, Channel 10, at a subsidised rate.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls