TMC MP Saugata Roy Sunday said he has never said anything about rigging and booth capturing during his interaction with party workers at a workshop, and said that he was ready to apologise if the EC considered him guilty of poll code violation.
It was also found out that actor and TMC candidate Dev was in the eye of a storm for his comment to a Bengali daily when he compared to the media attention as “getting raped”.
Habra-II block development officer (BDO) Dinabandhu Gayen had registered a written complaint with the Ashoknagar PS Saturday against TMC MLA Dhiman Roy that in his presence, Gayen was threatened by TMC supporters that they would cut his head off. Ten TMC workers who were named in the complaints had surrendered at Ashoknagar PS this morning and were later released on bail. The incident took place on March 25 and the BDO had initially put in a complaint to the DM and then the SDO. EC officials said that a detailed report from the DM of North-24 Parganas was sought in this regard.
Amit Bhattacharya, officer on special duty said the detailed report from the SDO concerned about the complaint against Rahul Gandhi had been received. It was alleged that school children had attended Gandhi’s rally.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016