Special Director of Enforcement Directorate Yogesh Gupta on Monday met Justice Shyamal Sen, Chairman of the Commission probing the Saradha chit fund scam.
The meeting was held to sort out areas of activities for the commission as well as the central government agency as chances of conflict over attachment of properties of the chit fund company were cropping up.
While the ED, the central government agency that has the power to investigate money laundering by an individual or an organisation is entitled to attach properties, the Sen Commission had been conferred the power by the Calcutta High Court to sell off properties of Saradha Group to pay depositors.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Incidentally. though it has seized about 60 cars and some other landed properties of Sudipta Sen, the commission has not yet been able to
auction them and has so far paid compensation to the depositors from the funds provided by the state government.
“The meeting was held to find out areas where we can co-operate with each other,’’ Mihir Bhattacharya, secretary of the commission, said after the meeting.
Meanwhile Kunal Ghosh, Trinamool Congress MP in Rajya Sabha, on Monday lost consciousness at Presidency Jail, where he has been lodged.
He was sent to SSKM hospital for treatment and after a few hours he was sent back to the jail.