Special Director of Enforcement Directorate Yogesh Gupta on Monday met Justice Shyamal Sen, Chairman of the Commission probing the Saradha chit fund scam.
The meeting was held to sort out areas of activities for the commission as well as the central government agency as chances of conflict over attachment of properties of the chit fund company were cropping up.
While the ED, the central government agency that has the power to investigate money laundering by an individual or an organisation is entitled to attach properties, the Sen Commission had been conferred the power by the Calcutta High Court to sell off properties of Saradha Group to pay depositors.
Incidentally. though it has seized about 60 cars and some other landed properties of Sudipta Sen, the commission has not yet been able to
auction them and has so far paid compensation to the depositors from the funds provided by the state government.
“The meeting was held to find out areas where we can co-operate with each other,’’ Mihir Bhattacharya, secretary of the commission, said after the meeting.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Meanwhile Kunal Ghosh, Trinamool Congress MP in Rajya Sabha, on Monday lost consciousness at Presidency Jail, where he has been lodged.
He was sent to SSKM hospital for treatment and after a few hours he was sent back to the jail.