The state women commission Saturday took suo motu cognizance and sought a report from government railway police after a Group D staff of Chitpur railway yard alleged she was repeatedly gangraped by her colleagues in the rail yard for a long period and they continued to torture her physically even after she had conceived.
Sashi Panja, state women and child welfare minister, too, said she has requested the victim to report the entire incident, adding that she has sought a report from the police. Narrating her ordeal to a TV channel, the victim, who has got the job on compassionate ground following the death of her husband in the 2010 Gyaneshwari train accident near Kharagur, said four of her colleagues had been repeatedly raping her.
She has registered a complaint with Dum Dum GRP last week, she added.
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
“Those persons used to torture me physically, threatening me and blackmailing me that they would circulate my obscene pictures. They threatened to upload me pictures in the Internet, which is why I was bearing for so long,” added the victim.
“The railways are responsible for this incident. We have sought a report from all top officials concerned” state women commission chairperson Sunanda Mukherjee said.