The state women commission Saturday took suo motu cognizance and sought a report from government railway police after a Group D staff of Chitpur railway yard alleged she was repeatedly gangraped by her colleagues in the rail yard for a long period and they continued to torture her physically even after she had conceived.
Sashi Panja, state women and child welfare minister, too, said she has requested the victim to report the entire incident, adding that she has sought a report from the police. Narrating her ordeal to a TV channel, the victim, who has got the job on compassionate ground following the death of her husband in the 2010 Gyaneshwari train accident near Kharagur, said four of her colleagues had been repeatedly raping her.
She has registered a complaint with Dum Dum GRP last week, she added.
“Those persons used to torture me physically, threatening me and blackmailing me that they would circulate my obscene pictures. They threatened to upload me pictures in the Internet, which is why I was bearing for so long,” added the victim.
“The railways are responsible for this incident. We have sought a report from all top officials concerned” state women commission chairperson Sunanda Mukherjee said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More