On a daylong visit to his parliamentary constituency Amethi, Congress vice-president Rahul criticised the Modi government for its “failure to control price rise”, and accused it of failing to deliver on its “big election promises”.
“They had made big promises during the election but there is a huge difference in their words and their actual implementation. Their main promise was to control price rise, on which they have failed,” Rahul said.
He said that wherever he went, the “rise in the prices of vegetables is a universal complaint”. The common people have been hurt the most, he said, and have been feeling “sorrow and pain”.
“They (BJP) had two main (election) issues: price rise and corruption. While they have failed on price rise, which is evident from the rise in the prices of vegetables, even on corruption, no solid action has been visible so far.”
Asked if his experiments with the organisational set-up of the party had failed, Rahul said, “No. Our experiments did not cause any harm to the party. We did experiments to open up the doors, and the result was that common workers were empowered.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
During his visit to villages in Amethi, Rahul blamed union Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani — who lost to him at the seat — for “creating obstruction” in development projects. “The minister is creating obstruction. The development of Discovery Park at IIIT here is being stopped,” Rahul alleged.
At Dhara Dari Dubey ka Purva village of Jamo, whose booths voted heavily for the Congress, Rahul announced solar-power street lights and a solar-power system to bring drinking water to the village.
When villagers complained of “step-motherly” treatment by the state government, Rahul said his doors were open for them for every kind of difficulty.
“They tell us that your Rahul Bhaiya does not even have a government at the centre now”, and “We are given stepmotherly treatment, sometimes we do not even get an hour’s electricity,” the villagers complained.