The post-poll violence that erupted in different parts of West Bengal following the last phase of polling on Monday continued with at least two bodies — one of a Congress leader, and another of a TMC supporter — being recovered Wednesday even as some BJP and CPM supporters were attacked and beaten up allegedly by the supporters of the ruling party in the state.
The headless and bullet riddden body of Jayanta Kumar, a Congress leader in Purulia who went missing two days ago, was found in a jungle near his village Deuli, Purulia superintendent of police Nelkanth Sudhir Kumar said.
Congress had filed a named FIR against 11 Trinamool Congress (TMC) workers for Kumar’s disapperance and one of the accused was arrested Wednesday, the SP said.
While the police claimed that the killing was due to land dispute, local Congress MLA and the party’s contender for Purulia parliamentary seat Nepal Mahto filed a complaint with the police alleging inactivity on its part had led to the killing.
Meanwhile, a local TMC leader went missing Tuesday from the same village and the party filed an FIR against nine Congress workers.
In another incident, the bullet ridden body of Ziauddin Seikh (25) alias Banamali, a TMC supporter, was recovered at Ausgram in Burdwan district. Seikh had been missing since Tuesday night.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Senior police officials said it was a case of faction fight. “The clash had been going on since Tuesday morning. Three others had been injured in the gunfire. They were taken to the medical college. Sheikh was missing and early this morning his body was recovered,” said a senior official at Ausgram police station. He said that Seikh’s father Alauddin Seikh and his elder brother Salauddin Seikh have been accused of killing the former and had been arrested. Both were produced in a local court, which remanded them in 10-day jail custody.
Meanwhile, some BJP supporters were thrashed and their houses attacked allgedly by TMC supporters at Golbenia village in Sandeshkhali, South-24 Parganas. At least 20 villagers were reportedly injured. They were initially taken to Rajbari Primary Health Centre, but after the condition of some of them deteriorated, they were taken to Basirhat Hospital. Local TMC have denied involvement in the attack
In yet another incident, two CPM leaders – Atreyi Guha and Alok Saha – were attacked allegedly by TMC workers after they went to visit another leader, who had suffered injuries in another attack. The incident happened late Tuesday at Krishnapalli village in Madhyamgram, North-24 Parganas. The duo had gone to visit Tulsi Halder who had been attacked on May 11. While leaving Halder’s house, they were attacked allegedly by TMC supporters. While Saha managed to escape, Guha was tied up and beaten. Later she was rescued by the police. She was taken to the primary health centre for treatment. A blockade was put up at Krishnapally in Badamtala by CPIM supporters.