Election Commission officials were manhandled allegedly by Trinamool activists at Jamboni in West Midnapore district. An FIR was lodged against five persons and three were arrested so far.
At Ghatal, in the same district, a CPM supporter was beaten to death Saturday night allegedly by TMC activists. Prahlad Roy, a resident of Pursuri village under Chandrakona PS, was killed after being attacked with rods and bricks. An FIR was lodged against six persons. Police have arrested seven so far, and six were named in the FIR.
On Saturday night, at Panchanantala, Hatgobindopur of Burdwan, Amitava Panja, a TMC supporter, was injured after CPM activists allegedly assaulted them. A complaint was registered by Nemai Singha at the Burdwan PS. During the day, TMC supporters went on a rampage vandalising and ransacking houses of CPM supporters. Anita Biswas lodged an FIR against six persons, alleging her house was razed. Police arrested 13 in connection with murder and three for burning the houses.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
In a separate incident in the same district a booth level officer (BLO), Hena Pramanik was attacked while she was distributing voters’ slips. An ICDS worker Sobha Ghosh, who protested, was also attacked. The two, sustaining injury, were sent to a private nursing home. RAF and the state police force have been pressed in to handle the situation and three persons have been arrested so far. CAPF has been doing route march.