Political parties, on Monday, condemned the remarks by Trinamool Congress MP, Tapas Pal threatening to kill Opposition CPM workers and have their women raped, and urged the Lok Sabha Speaker to take suo motu cognisance of it.
“Several Trinamool Congress leaders have been making such comments in the last three years as part of strategy to terrorise Opposition parties. The comments he has made is unexpected of a parliamentarian. I request the Lok Sabha Speaker to take suo motu cognisance because people look up to Lok Sabha MPs,” CPM MP Mohammed Salim said.
The police administration should take cognisance of the remarks made by the TMC MP, he said. “If the police don’t take cognisance then it means it is aiding such terror tactics. The comment is an addition to the long list of TMC leaders who have been making such comments in the recent past,” said Salim.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The BJP leadership also condemned the statement and asked Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to look into the matter. “It is really heart wrenching to hear such comments from Tapas Pal. He has said he was speaking in a fit of rage. But in a fit of rage, MPs should try to restrain themselves from making such comments,” BJP MP Babul Supriyo said.
“Actually Trinamool leaders are in competition as the top leadership of the party is also making such derogatory comments every day. Let’s see what action our CM takes or else the people will give them a fitting reply,” he said. Pal threatened to kill Opposition CPM workers and have their women raped if a single Trinamool Congress worker was attacked at Choumaha village in Nadia district.
Later, Pal denied that he spoke about rape. “What I said was I will tell my workers to ‘raid’,” he claimed. Trinamool national spokesperson Derek O’Brien said the party doest not endorse Pal’s statement which was “insensitive” whatever be the provocation.