Political parties, on Monday, condemned the remarks by Trinamool Congress MP, Tapas Pal threatening to kill Opposition CPM workers and have their women raped, and urged the Lok Sabha Speaker to take suo motu cognisance of it.
“Several Trinamool Congress leaders have been making such comments in the last three years as part of strategy to terrorise Opposition parties. The comments he has made is unexpected of a parliamentarian. I request the Lok Sabha Speaker to take suo motu cognisance because people look up to Lok Sabha MPs,” CPM MP Mohammed Salim said.
The police administration should take cognisance of the remarks made by the TMC MP, he said. “If the police don’t take cognisance then it means it is aiding such terror tactics. The comment is an addition to the long list of TMC leaders who have been making such comments in the recent past,” said Salim.
The BJP leadership also condemned the statement and asked Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to look into the matter. “It is really heart wrenching to hear such comments from Tapas Pal. He has said he was speaking in a fit of rage. But in a fit of rage, MPs should try to restrain themselves from making such comments,” BJP MP Babul Supriyo said.
“Actually Trinamool leaders are in competition as the top leadership of the party is also making such derogatory comments every day. Let’s see what action our CM takes or else the people will give them a fitting reply,” he said. Pal threatened to kill Opposition CPM workers and have their women raped if a single Trinamool Congress worker was attacked at Choumaha village in Nadia district.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Later, Pal denied that he spoke about rape. “What I said was I will tell my workers to ‘raid’,” he claimed. Trinamool national spokesperson Derek O’Brien said the party doest not endorse Pal’s statement which was “insensitive” whatever be the provocation.