Trinamool Congress MLA Arjun Singh Thursday filed a complaint alleging that his car was attacked by several policemen and that an assistant commissioner of Kolkata Police “attempted to murder” him.
The MLA from Bhatpara in North-24 Parganas has sent his complaint to Barrackpore CP, Vishal Garg, alleging that a police team led by an assistant commissioner “violated his constitutional rights” and “attempted to murder” him. “Late in the evening on Wednesday, a police team led by ACP Kalyan Sarkar intercepted my vehicle in Barrackpore and wanted to conduct search operation. After I revealed my identity, he (Sarkar) pointed a gun at me and said that the policemen would their work. They assaulted my security guards too. I have lodged a complaint with the CP against Sarkar and I have mentioned that it was an attempt to murder me,” Singh said.
Singh further said that he will also submit a complaint with Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Assembly Speaker Biman Bandyopadhyay requesting them to take action against Sarkar. “I have also told the CP that if I do not get justice, I will drag the police officers to court,” he added.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Singh also did not rule out “politically motivated conspiracy” against him. “I was never insulted in this way even during the Left Front regime. I have enemies in my party too,” he said.
C Sudhakar, DC, DD told the media that inquiry has been initiated. “We have set up an inquiry committee to look into the matter and allegations,” he said. Singh had Wednesday alleged that a group of 30-40 policemen under an ACP had attacked his vehicle in front of the Baranagar Police Station with lathis.
The DC, DD had. however, denied the incident saying the police were only doing a routine check. “We were conducting a routine check of vehicles and we did not know that the MLA was inside the car. After seeing him, we said sorry and left,” Sudhakar said rubbishing Singh’s claim of police attacking his vehicle. “Nothing of that sort happened. Only his respect might have been hurt but we apologised,” the officer had said.