Trinamool Congress MLA Arjun Singh Thursday filed a complaint alleging that his car was attacked by several policemen and that an assistant commissioner of Kolkata Police “attempted to murder” him.
The MLA from Bhatpara in North-24 Parganas has sent his complaint to Barrackpore CP, Vishal Garg, alleging that a police team led by an assistant commissioner “violated his constitutional rights” and “attempted to murder” him. “Late in the evening on Wednesday, a police team led by ACP Kalyan Sarkar intercepted my vehicle in Barrackpore and wanted to conduct search operation. After I revealed my identity, he (Sarkar) pointed a gun at me and said that the policemen would their work. They assaulted my security guards too. I have lodged a complaint with the CP against Sarkar and I have mentioned that it was an attempt to murder me,” Singh said.
Singh further said that he will also submit a complaint with Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Assembly Speaker Biman Bandyopadhyay requesting them to take action against Sarkar. “I have also told the CP that if I do not get justice, I will drag the police officers to court,” he added.
Singh also did not rule out “politically motivated conspiracy” against him. “I was never insulted in this way even during the Left Front regime. I have enemies in my party too,” he said.
C Sudhakar, DC, DD told the media that inquiry has been initiated. “We have set up an inquiry committee to look into the matter and allegations,” he said. Singh had Wednesday alleged that a group of 30-40 policemen under an ACP had attacked his vehicle in front of the Baranagar Police Station with lathis.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The DC, DD had. however, denied the incident saying the police were only doing a routine check. “We were conducting a routine check of vehicles and we did not know that the MLA was inside the car. After seeing him, we said sorry and left,” Sudhakar said rubbishing Singh’s claim of police attacking his vehicle. “Nothing of that sort happened. Only his respect might have been hurt but we apologised,” the officer had said.