A pine wood trader, in his mid-sixties, was found murdered in his apartment in central Kolkata on Sunday, police said. While police suspect the murder to be related to an ongoing property dispute, they are also looking into other possibilities.
- Chandigarh: Man slits throat of five-year-old girl, claims possessed by divine power
- Nearly 19 months after 78-year-old was found with her throat slit, crime branch hopes to crack case
- Hyderabad: Police arrest man for murdering wife, daughter, mother-in-law
- Delhi: Elderly woman found with throat slit at home
- 20-year-old woman found with throat slit at friend’s home
- Body of 24-year-old man found in Northwest Delhi
Khurshid Alam, a native of Darbhanga in Bihar, was found lying in a pool of blood with his throat slit in his flat in Bolai Dutta Street. “We have discovered injury marks on his body which, prima facie, indicate that there had been some sort of struggle,” said a senior police officer. Alam’s body was discovered after residents in the area got suspicious of Alam’s absence and informed the police. Police personnel had to break into the flat. Sleuths from the Homicide section and sniffer dogs were pressed into action.
“It seems that this is not a case of murder for gain. There may be something else behind this… Can be over property dispute or something else. We are looking into it,” the officer said. No arrests have been made yet.