Parents of Rajonyo Sarkar, the six-year-old Class I boy of city’s prestigious South Point School who died in the school after collapsing on Thursday, have lodged a complaint of murder against the school authorities.
Earlier, Rajonyo’s father Raja Sarkar had lodged an FIR claiming his son died of negligence by the school authorities. Rajonyo’s mother Ruchira Sarkar said, “Late last (Friday) night, we went to Gariahat police station to lodge an FIR on charges of murder against the school principal. The police station accepted our complaint but refused to treat it as an FIR.
“The police told us they would treat it as an FIR only after verification. We had earlier lodged an FIR claiming school’s negligence because we were told it was required to send my son’s body for an autopsy. But now we have realised that our son was murdered. The school did not arrange an ambulance for him nor took him to hospital in the AC car of the principal. My son was taken to hospital in a school bus. His oxygen mask was removed as they could not put the cylinder in the bus,” said Ruchira, who is a lawyer.
Ruchira claimed her son was healthy when she dropped him at school on the fateful day. “He was not suffering from any disease, he was absolutely fine. Now the school authorities are claiming my son was ill.”
Debabrata Das, DC, South Eastern Division, said, “An FIR can be lodged once, and Sarkars have already lodged one for negligence. They have now submitted a letter to police station, saying their son was murdered. We are investigating the case. We are waiting for the autopsy report.”
On Thursday, Rajonyo had collapsed on the second floor of the school during recess. The authorities took him to a hospital, half km from the school, where he was declared brought dead. After the incident, parents of a number of students had protested near the school and a case of negligence against the school was started.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More