The Opposition Wednesday alleged the government was not doing enough to provide security to TMC MP Kunal Ghosh, accused in the Saradha scam, and other accused who are lodged in different jails. Apprehending threat to his life, Ghosh had already sought for more security.
Raising a question in the morning session of Assembly, Leader of Opposition Surya Kanta Mishra had asked state government, “How many prisoners had appealed for more security?”
Replying to the question, Minister of Jails Hyder Aziz Safi said: “No prisoners or under trails had applied for more security and further, cautioned the Opposition not to go by media reports to know the truth.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Later, claiming Mishra’s questions was politically motivated, Safi said: “Does he want me to send armed guards to jails? The killing of Happy Singh at Alipore jail does not reflect the security system existing in jails.”
Later, in the afternoon session Mishra alleged the government was not revealing steps taken to provide security to Saradha accused who are lodged in various jails.
“While the accused are alleging life threat, the government seems to have information. The government seems to be listless. We would also like to know how a mentally deranged man, who had killed Happy Singh, was put up near Singh’s cell,” Mishra said.