The Opposition Wednesday alleged the government was not doing enough to provide security to TMC MP Kunal Ghosh, accused in the Saradha scam, and other accused who are lodged in different jails. Apprehending threat to his life, Ghosh had already sought for more security.
Raising a question in the morning session of Assembly, Leader of Opposition Surya Kanta Mishra had asked state government, “How many prisoners had appealed for more security?”
Replying to the question, Minister of Jails Hyder Aziz Safi said: “No prisoners or under trails had applied for more security and further, cautioned the Opposition not to go by media reports to know the truth.”
Later, claiming Mishra’s questions was politically motivated, Safi said: “Does he want me to send armed guards to jails? The killing of Happy Singh at Alipore jail does not reflect the security system existing in jails.”
Later, in the afternoon session Mishra alleged the government was not revealing steps taken to provide security to Saradha accused who are lodged in various jails.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“While the accused are alleging life threat, the government seems to have information. The government seems to be listless. We would also like to know how a mentally deranged man, who had killed Happy Singh, was put up near Singh’s cell,” Mishra said.