A DAY after the air-conditioner in the hotel room where Mamata Banerjee was put up started spewing black smoke before catching fire, the Chief Minister trained her guns at the opposition parties, saying they were hatching a “conspiracy to kill” her.
“Opposition parties are conspiring to kill me. They have engineered a short circuit in the air-conditioner of the room where I was staying. They have tried to kill me and are now giving the incident the shape of an accident,” Mamata said at a campaign rally in Nalhati, Birbhum.
“After holding a Harishchandrapur in Malda, I reached the hotel to take rest. I went to the bathroom from where I smelt smoke. As I came out of the bathroom, I saw smoke coming out of the AC and it caught fire. I started screaming after wrapping myself with quilt. Poisonous gas was emanating from the AC. I fell ill and suffered from breathing trouble. I was put on oxygen and had to take saline.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Doctors have advised rest, but I had to attend election rallies today,” she said.
Meanwhile, a case was lodged with a local police station in Malda. A forensic team and PWD department reached the spot for investigation.
TMC general secretary Mukul Roy sent a letter to the Election Commission, requesting it to initiate an inquiry into the incident.
Transport minister Madan Mitra, who was accompanying the CM in Malda Thursday, said, “We are 500 per cent sure there was a conspiracy to kill our Chief Minister. We will find out the truth behind this.”
Police have also recovered gelatin sticks and batteries from the Suri-Bolpur route, where Banerjee was supposed to pass for meetings.