A DAY after the air-conditioner in the hotel room where Mamata Banerjee was put up started spewing black smoke before catching fire, the Chief Minister trained her guns at the opposition parties, saying they were hatching a “conspiracy to kill” her.
“Opposition parties are conspiring to kill me. They have engineered a short circuit in the air-conditioner of the room where I was staying. They have tried to kill me and are now giving the incident the shape of an accident,” Mamata said at a campaign rally in Nalhati, Birbhum.
“After holding a Harishchandrapur in Malda, I reached the hotel to take rest. I went to the bathroom from where I smelt smoke. As I came out of the bathroom, I saw smoke coming out of the AC and it caught fire. I started screaming after wrapping myself with quilt. Poisonous gas was emanating from the AC. I fell ill and suffered from breathing trouble. I was put on oxygen and had to take saline.
Doctors have advised rest, but I had to attend election rallies today,” she said.
Meanwhile, a case was lodged with a local police station in Malda. A forensic team and PWD department reached the spot for investigation.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
TMC general secretary Mukul Roy sent a letter to the Election Commission, requesting it to initiate an inquiry into the incident.
Transport minister Madan Mitra, who was accompanying the CM in Malda Thursday, said, “We are 500 per cent sure there was a conspiracy to kill our Chief Minister. We will find out the truth behind this.”
Police have also recovered gelatin sticks and batteries from the Suri-Bolpur route, where Banerjee was supposed to pass for meetings.