Congress and CPM staged protests in various parts of the city following the “massive” hike in rail fare by the Centre and demanded its immediate rollback.
Suryakanta Mishra, Opposition leader and a CPM member, said the NDA government is fulfilling the “unfinished work” of UPA II and blamed PM Narendra Modi for maintaining a “double standard”.
He said during campaign, Modi had criticised UPA II for “poor governance”. However, in a month’s time, Modi government is making people suffer more, added Mishra.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“Modi is now trying to escape from taking the responsibility of his decision by putting the blame on the 10-year misrule of the UPA government. He is speaking like Mamata Banerjee who always speaks of Left Front government’s debt burden to cover her government’s failure,” he said at the rally.
Meanwhile, WBPCC chief Adhir Chowdhury said: ‘The way railway fares have been increased shows how Parliament has been bypassed and the fares have increased from the back door. After coming to power, Narendra Modi claimed that good days have arrived, however it seems that bad days have started.