The Kolkata police Thursday expanded its search to Orissa and Bihar after failing to nab a woman tutor, who was caught on camera brutally beating up a three-and-a-half-year-old at his Salt Lake home here.
The police officials raided private tutor Pooja Singh’s Baguiati residence in the morning. Finding it locked from outside, the officials broke open the door and recovered a number of photographs and phone numbers from the house.
“We have not been able to arrest her till now but we have expanded our area of search. The address that she had given to the family members of the child when she was appointed was found to be false,” said Ashok Sen, officer-in-charge of Lake Town police station. It was also found out that Pooja, and her husband Rohit Singh who is absconding with her, had changed four residences in the last seven years.
Officials working on the case said there was a possibility that Pooja had fled the state. “Looking at her mobile tower locations, two teams have left for Sambalpur in Orissa and Samastipur in Bihar. We hope to make a breakthrough soon,” an official at the Lake Town police said.
Officials at Bidhannagar police station added that they have also identified “two-three places where she could possibly be hiding”. “We have located those places and sent our police teams. From her list of friends and relatives, we are zeroing in on persons she could be putting up with. But, we cannot divulge the details for the sake of investigation,” said Debashish Dhar, ADCP, Bidhannagar Police Commissionerate. He said they were also checking the financial position of the absconding couple to ascertain how many days they would be able to sustain themselves while on the run.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Based on a complaint from the victim’s family, the police have lodged an FIR under sections 308 (attempt to commit culpable homicide), 325 (voluntarily causing grievous hurt) and 379 (theft) of IPC against Pooja and Rohit.
Meanwhile, the victim child is still in a traumatised state and is undergoing treatment. “He is still running temperature and is talking only to his mother,” the child’s father said.
It was on Tuesday, that Pooja, who had started teaching the toddler just three days ago, was caught on CCTV mercilessly beating the child in a locked room at latter’s Lake Town home. As per the child’s family, the tutor had apologised and requested them family not to inform the police. But the family registered the police complaint after her husband came and threatened them not to lodge a complaint.