The notification for ensuing election to five Rajya Sabha seats from West Bengal scheduled to be held February 7, was issued Tuesday.
Official sources said candidates can submit their nomination any day other than public holiday till January 28. Scrutiny of nomination papers would be held January 29 and date of withdrawal has been fixed January 31, sources said.
Ruling TMC has already announced the nomination of painter Jogen Chowdhury, actor Mithun Chakraborty, K D Singh and Ahmad Hasan as their candidates.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
According to the assembly strength, TMC with 187 seats would be able to send three members to the Rajya Sabha. The fourth TMC candidate — Ahmad Hasan will have to face a contest.
Dy Election chief to be in city today
KOLKATA: Deputy Election Commissioner Vinod Zutshi Wednesday will hold meetings with representatives of political parties and senior government officials. In the morning, Zutshi will meet with the representatives of political parties at Hidco Bhavan, and later during the day will meet District Magistrates and superintendents of police.