Mamata Banerjee Saturday announced that the Trinamool Congress will not take out any victory rally, instead, she asked supporters at the block levels to celebrate in a small way.
She said a big celebration will be held on July 21 when the party observes the Martyr’s Day every year.
Stating it to be a “very hard fought victory for the 34 Trinamool Congress MPs who won from the 42 seats in the state, Mamata alleged that a sizeable section of the media campaigned against the party.
“The central agencies were asked to go after the TMC leaders in the thick of the polls, but we managed to win such a large number of seats as people are with us,” the Chief MInister said as she met all the newly elected MPs and briefed them about their responsibilities. Among the 34 MPs elected this time, 16 are political greenhorns and celebrities
Meanwhile, Mamata has selected Sudip Bandopadhyay as leader of the Trinamool Congress parliamentary party, and Prof Sugato Bose, the newly elected MP from Jadavpur, and Dr Ratna De Nag, the newly elected MP from Hooghly, as deputy leaders of the TMC parliamentary party.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
Kalyan Bandopadhyay has been given the responsibility of party’s Chief Whip while Mukul Roy will be in charge of all Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha MPs.
It was learnt that Minister for North Bengal Affairs Gautam Deb offered to resign taking responsibility for the party’s poor in Darjeeling Lok Sabha seat, where the BJP-GJM combine won with a margin of over 1.7 lakh votes. The resignation, however, was reportedly not accepted by Mamata.