A 45-YEAR-OLD man was killed in an accident at Hastings crossing in south Kolkata on Monday morning. Following this, an angry mob blocked vehicular traffic on the crossing. The deceased, identified as Subhranshu Sarkar, was riding his motorcycle when a CSTC bus hit his vehicle around 11.30 am. Injured in the head, he was taken to SSKM Hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.
Sarkar used to work for a private shipping company.
Soon after the accident, around 40 people gathered at the accident spot and blocked traffic. Alleging that the traffic police did not make any effort to catch the driver, they pelted stones at the bus and damaged it.
The mob also tried to set the bus on fire, said sources.
A huge police force was rushed to the spot. The situation was brought under control after DC (South) Murlidhar Sharma intervened.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest