The mudslinging and the blame game over the Saradha chit fund scam turned more bitter Friday with Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee questioning the source of CPM funds even as her predecessor Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee demanding a CBI probe into the ponzi scam that defrauded lakhs of crores of rupees.
Mamata led the charge hitting out at Bhattacharjee for the Saradha Group setting up business during his regime.
“It was during your tenure in 2006. Shall I tell the names? The mother of thieves speaks in the loudest voice. From where did thousands of crores of rupees come into the CPM’s coffers With whose bank account did the finance minister of the Left Front government run his election campaign?” the Trinamool Congress chief asked at an election meeting in Hooghly district.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Further attacking the Left leaders, she said, “Look, who committed the theft and who is being blamed for?”
Alleging that a vilification campaign was on against the Trinamool Congress government, she said her party had not done anything against the Left parties as she did not want revenge.
However, she added, “You will only see stars if you try to find fault with the Trinamool Congress”.
Meanwhile, denying the allegations, Bhattacharjee told a meet the press in Kolkata, “Everything will become clear if she agrees to a CBI enquiry today… who took the money? We have nothing to hide. Those who have something to hide are giving these excuses,” he said.
On charges that Saradha Group started operations during his tenure, the former CM said” “Does that make us culprits? A lot of things started during the Left regime and lot of things ended to”.
Without referring to the Opposition demand for a probe by the CBI into the Saradha scam, Mamata, however, said, justice was yet to be delivered in the CBI probes into the Jnaneswari Express railway disaster which claimed over 100 lives in 2010 and in the Nandigram police firing in 2007.
She also claimed that it was her government, which took action by arresting the accused of the Saradha scam, formed a judicial commission and returned money to the defrauded investors.