The mudslinging and the blame game over the Saradha chit fund scam turned more bitter Friday with Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee questioning the source of CPM funds even as her predecessor Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee demanding a CBI probe into the ponzi scam that defrauded lakhs of crores of rupees.
Mamata led the charge hitting out at Bhattacharjee for the Saradha Group setting up business during his regime.
“It was during your tenure in 2006. Shall I tell the names? The mother of thieves speaks in the loudest voice. From where did thousands of crores of rupees come into the CPM’s coffers With whose bank account did the finance minister of the Left Front government run his election campaign?” the Trinamool Congress chief asked at an election meeting in Hooghly district.
Further attacking the Left leaders, she said, “Look, who committed the theft and who is being blamed for?”
Alleging that a vilification campaign was on against the Trinamool Congress government, she said her party had not done anything against the Left parties as she did not want revenge.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
However, she added, “You will only see stars if you try to find fault with the Trinamool Congress”.
Meanwhile, denying the allegations, Bhattacharjee told a meet the press in Kolkata, “Everything will become clear if she agrees to a CBI enquiry today… who took the money? We have nothing to hide. Those who have something to hide are giving these excuses,” he said.
On charges that Saradha Group started operations during his tenure, the former CM said” “Does that make us culprits? A lot of things started during the Left regime and lot of things ended to”.
Without referring to the Opposition demand for a probe by the CBI into the Saradha scam, Mamata, however, said, justice was yet to be delivered in the CBI probes into the Jnaneswari Express railway disaster which claimed over 100 lives in 2010 and in the Nandigram police firing in 2007.
She also claimed that it was her government, which took action by arresting the accused of the Saradha scam, formed a judicial commission and returned money to the defrauded investors.