Rebel CPM leader Abdur Rezzak Mollah Saturday declared he will campaign for candidates being fielded by the three all-Muslim parties in the state — Welfare Party of India, Social Democratic Party of India and All India United Democratic Front — who have entered into an alliance and decided to share 23 seats in the Lok Sabha election.
Mollah, who was expelled from the CPM last month for his “anti-party activities”, will begin his campaign from Nadia and then move towards Murshidabad and Malda. His announcement comes two days after AIUDF president Siddiqullah Chowdhury claimed that he (Mollah) has agreed to support him in the coming polls.
While WPI will contest on 11 seats, the AIUDF (which has already announced the names of its candidates along with the constituency) and the SDPI will field candidates on eight and four seats, respectively.
Confirming that senior leaders of WPI have already met him to discuss poll strategies, Mollah took the opportunity to emphasise on his plans of supporting Muslim parties and fielding candidates in the 2016 Assembly election through his new outfit Samajik Nyayabichar Mancha.
Raisuddin Baidya, president of WPI, said: “ The three Muslim parties are fighting for the same cause. So we have decided not to field candidates against each other but share the seats.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Meanwhile, the leaders of the three parties will hold a joint convention with Mollah in Kolkata in the first week of April.