More than 15 months after she was raped, a minor girl was allegedly gangraped by the same man and his friend again Thursday night.
The incident happened at Miajan Ostagar Lane, a south Kolkata locality under Karaya Police Station.
Significantly, the victim is the same girl for whom Mir Amirul Islam, a 33-year-old youth, had stood up. Protesting police inaction in a rape case, Islam had immolated himself in front of Karaya PS on December 3, 2012 and died on January 1, 2013.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The victim’s mother had registered a police complaint in October 2012 alleging that Shahzada Bux, a local thug and alleged “police informer”, had been sexually assaulting the girl for over a year. Bux was later arrested and, after a process of litigation, was released on November 30, 2013.
It has been alleged that after he was released, Bux kept teasing the victim and Thursday, at around 9.30 pm, he, along with his friend Salim, allegedly raped the girl at a deserted alley of the locality.
The family put in a complaint at the Karaya PS and Bux was arrested early this morning.
He was presented at the Alipore Court and was sent for a three day police remand.
The family also alleged police inaction. “When he started harassing my daughter, we had put in a police complaint at the Karaya PS but they took no action against him,” said the victim’s mother.
The girl has been sent for a medical test.
Police, however, maintained that there was no laxity on their part. “As soon as we got a complaint, we started a search for Bux and arrested him,” said Debabrata Das, DC (south east division).
Bux has been charged under sections 376, 511, 364 (B), 509, 506 and 323 of the IPC.