More than 15 months after she was raped, a minor girl was allegedly gangraped by the same man and his friend again Thursday night.
The incident happened at Miajan Ostagar Lane, a south Kolkata locality under Karaya Police Station.
Significantly, the victim is the same girl for whom Mir Amirul Islam, a 33-year-old youth, had stood up. Protesting police inaction in a rape case, Islam had immolated himself in front of Karaya PS on December 3, 2012 and died on January 1, 2013.
The victim’s mother had registered a police complaint in October 2012 alleging that Shahzada Bux, a local thug and alleged “police informer”, had been sexually assaulting the girl for over a year. Bux was later arrested and, after a process of litigation, was released on November 30, 2013.
It has been alleged that after he was released, Bux kept teasing the victim and Thursday, at around 9.30 pm, he, along with his friend Salim, allegedly raped the girl at a deserted alley of the locality.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The family put in a complaint at the Karaya PS and Bux was arrested early this morning.
He was presented at the Alipore Court and was sent for a three day police remand.
The family also alleged police inaction. “When he started harassing my daughter, we had put in a police complaint at the Karaya PS but they took no action against him,” said the victim’s mother.
The girl has been sent for a medical test.
Police, however, maintained that there was no laxity on their part. “As soon as we got a complaint, we started a search for Bux and arrested him,” said Debabrata Das, DC (south east division).
Bux has been charged under sections 376, 511, 364 (B), 509, 506 and 323 of the IPC.