The Medical Council of India (MCI) has agreed to restore all 1,050 medical seats in West Bengal which were cancelled earlier this year after the state government assured of infrastructure upgrade and full compliance of Council’s guidelines.
“We had earlier restored 400 seats and at a meeting in Delhi it was decided today that we will give back the remaining 645 seats as well,” MCI’s Sudipta Roy said.
He said the decision was taken after being assured by the state health department that infrastructure would be upgraded and MCI guidelines complied with.
Susanta Banerjee, director of medical education in West Bengal, said it was hoped that within the next few days students would be admitted.
There are 2,400 medical seats in the state.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The medical colleges whose seats were slashed include Bankura Medical College, Burdwan Medical, Institute of Post Graduate Medicine & Research, Calcutta Medical, Nil Ratan Sircar and R G Kar.