The TMC on Wednesday seemed to be putting its idea of a Federal Front, which it had floated two months ago, on the back burner, with the party’s general secretary, Partha Chatterjee, stating that the leadership “will wait for its formation until the Lok Sabha elections are over”.
“We are not going with the Congress or the BJP at any cost. Our leader (Chief Minister) Mamata Banerjee has made it very clear. We will look for alternative forces after the elections and through their help, we plan to build a front,’’ Chatterjee today said during the press programme meet at Calcutta Journalists’ Club.
Even though Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and AIADMK chief Jayalalithaa had called Mamata after the latter stated she was “ready to accept her (Mayawati) as the prime minister,” and two other leaders – TDP’s Chandrababu Naidu and YSR Congress’ Jaganmohan Reddy met Bengal CM at Nabanna, the Front “\did not find many takers” later upon.
The Congress lost no time in levelling criticisms at the TMC. “Federal Front is all a daydream. Let them decide who will be their prime minister, Jayalalitha or Mamata,’’ West Bengal Pradesh Congress Committee president Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury said.
For the TMC, however, no political party is its “principal opposition” in the state. “We consider all of them equal. We have got people with us,’’ Chatterjee said, and took the opportunity to yet again criticise the Centre for “depriving the state of its legitimate dues”.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review