- AAP discredited, confident of BJP win in Delhi polls: Venkaiah Naidu
- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
- ‘Where have we promised statehood... it’s a sensitive issue, not a matter for elections’, says Amit Shah
- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
Mamata’s campaign in districts starts March 18
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee would start kickstart her campaign in districts from Pailan at South- 24 Parganas on March 18. Her second meeting will be held in Malda on March 19 while the third meeting is scheduled for March 20 in Murshidabad, said a senior Trinamool Congress leader.
Meanwhile, TMC’s sitting MP in Birbhum Satabdi Roy faced resistance when she visited her constituency Saturday to conduct a meeting.
The villagers gheraoed her vehicle demanding to know the reason behind her “absence” from her constituency for the last five years. Roy beat a hasty retreat from the village without holding any meeting.
The incident has been reported from Dariapur village at Sainthia area in Birbhum.
While contacted, TMC’s district president Anubrata Mondal said: “CPM had hired miscreants to gherao the vehicle of our candidate. This is a pre-planned conspiracy. They were not the villagers.”
Meanwhile, senior leaders from CITU, including Mohammad Ishaq from Hooghly, joined the ruling party Saturday.
“We have seen that several leaders from Congress have joined our party. A very few leaders from Left parties have also joined us.
Today, senior CITU leader Mohammad Ishaq and his followers joined our party,” said TMC general secretary Mukul