Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee would start kickstart her campaign in districts from Pailan at South- 24 Parganas on March 18. Her second meeting will be held in Malda on March 19 while the third meeting is scheduled for March 20 in Murshidabad, said a senior Trinamool Congress leader.
Meanwhile, TMC’s sitting MP in Birbhum Satabdi Roy faced resistance when she visited her constituency Saturday to conduct a meeting.
The villagers gheraoed her vehicle demanding to know the reason behind her “absence” from her constituency for the last five years. Roy beat a hasty retreat from the village without holding any meeting.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The incident has been reported from Dariapur village at Sainthia area in Birbhum.
While contacted, TMC’s district president Anubrata Mondal said: “CPM had hired miscreants to gherao the vehicle of our candidate. This is a pre-planned conspiracy. They were not the villagers.”
Meanwhile, senior leaders from CITU, including Mohammad Ishaq from Hooghly, joined the ruling party Saturday.
“We have seen that several leaders from Congress have joined our party. A very few leaders from Left parties have also joined us.
Today, senior CITU leader Mohammad Ishaq and his followers joined our party,” said TMC general secretary Mukul