Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday slammed the BJP and its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, saying by trying to create a divide between citizens of West Bengal and people of Bangladesh, the PM aspirant (Modi) was setting the state on fire.
Referring to Modi as “Comrade daangabaaj”, Mamata said: “A person who speaks in such language has no right to become the prime minister and he should be put in jail. I don’t know about others but we will say on record that he should be jailed,” she said while addressing an election rally at Bongaon in North 24 Parganas. The CM also addressed rallies at Habra and Ashokenagar.
Modi had, in his two rallies in the state before, accused Mamata of playing vote-bank politics with Bangladeshis, and had said that if BJP came to power, he would send all illegal migrants from Bangladesh back to their own country.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Attacking the BJP, the CM said that a party which has no MLA or MP is talking of driving Bengalis out of the state and people would take revenge through ballot box. “In Bengal, there is no refugee colony where people are living without valid documents. All are citizens of the state. Mr Modi has no idea of history or geography. How can you drive Bengalis out of Bengal. The CPM has now sold their flag to the BJP and is depending on them to scrape through. They are shameless people,’’ Mamata said.
Meanwhile, Left Front chairman Biman Bose said: “On the parameters of human development, Gujarat ranks at the bottom. What has he (Modi) done?”