Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday slammed the BJP and its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, saying by trying to create a divide between citizens of West Bengal and people of Bangladesh, the PM aspirant (Modi) was setting the state on fire.
Referring to Modi as “Comrade daangabaaj”, Mamata said: “A person who speaks in such language has no right to become the prime minister and he should be put in jail. I don’t know about others but we will say on record that he should be jailed,” she said while addressing an election rally at Bongaon in North 24 Parganas. The CM also addressed rallies at Habra and Ashokenagar.
Modi had, in his two rallies in the state before, accused Mamata of playing vote-bank politics with Bangladeshis, and had said that if BJP came to power, he would send all illegal migrants from Bangladesh back to their own country.
Attacking the BJP, the CM said that a party which has no MLA or MP is talking of driving Bengalis out of the state and people would take revenge through ballot box. “In Bengal, there is no refugee colony where people are living without valid documents. All are citizens of the state. Mr Modi has no idea of history or geography. How can you drive Bengalis out of Bengal. The CPM has now sold their flag to the BJP and is depending on them to scrape through. They are shameless people,’’ Mamata said.
Meanwhile, Left Front chairman Biman Bose said: “On the parameters of human development, Gujarat ranks at the bottom. What has he (Modi) done?”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More