Terming the Trinamool Congress as a party of leaders behind several scams, Congress national spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi Saturday dubbed the TMC as “Trinamool Model Cheats”.
“… As In this an age of acronyms, Saradha Chit Fund stands for SCF and TMC for Trinamool Model Cheats,” he said.
Accusing the Mamata Banerjee government of trying to shield those involved in the Saradha scam, Singhvi said real courage did not mean flaunting simplicity, but in taking action.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Real courage is not to flaunt simplicity, but to take action and step in when some criminality takes place involving your own,” he said in a taunt directed at Banerjee, TMC chief, who is known for her simple lifestyle.
“The chief actors of this scam are those of TMC. MPs of TMC, contesting candidates of TMC are involved in the scam and that is why they are trying to hide it,” he said.
“The job of the Trinamool Model Cheats is to save those involved in the scam,” he alleged.
He also alleged that the state government and politicians of the ruling party were involved in a scam in recruitment of primary teachers.
“What is the use of talking about simplicity, cleanliness, when you don’t have the moral and political courage to act against your own, who have defrauded the poor for whom u shed crocodile tears every day?” he said.
“What is the state government doing? There should be clarity. They love to preach without practising it,” he said.
Singhvi said the TMC is trying to fool people by saying that such a huge scam took place without its support.
“Why is the state government so keen to hide things for a scam of this proportion? Why are they not prepared to leave criminality to an agency like the CBI,” he said.
Meanwhile, commenting on the possibility of a post-poll tie-up between Modi and Banerjee, he said such an alliance will be of “bad governance, major corruption scandals and most importantly of intolerance of dissent”.
Singhvi, however, accepted that the party is fighting incumbency factor as it has been in power for 10 years. “It is for the first time after Nehru that a government has completed 10 years.”
He said the party is not ruling out the possibility of a post-poll alliance with the Left parties while adding that the allies should fall within the basic principles of “secularism and inclusion”.
Significantly, Singhvi’s comments came after former Bengal CM Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee ruled out any alliance with the Congress.