Days after Union Food Minister Ram Vilas Paswan was snubbed by the state government, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and state Education Minister Partha Chatterjee has agreed to meet Union Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani.
Mamata and Partha will meet Irani in chief minister’s office at Nabanna, the state secretariat Fridaty afternoon. “I got a request from her office that she wanted to meet me. So, I said I can meet her when she will be in the chief minister’s cabin,” Partha Chatterjee said.
In the meeting, the state government will request Irani to extend the mid-day meal scheme to classes IX and X too Meanwhile, state Food and Supplies Ministries Jyotipriya Mullick will participate in the food ministers’ conference in Delhi Friday. The meeting is likely to take up for discussion the implementation of the Food Security Act. West Bengal has not yet implemented the Act.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Mullick said he would argue that unless the Centre provided 100 per cent subsidy, the state could not implement the Act.