Days after Union Food Minister Ram Vilas Paswan was snubbed by the state government, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and state Education Minister Partha Chatterjee has agreed to meet Union Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani.
Mamata and Partha will meet Irani in chief minister’s office at Nabanna, the state secretariat Fridaty afternoon. “I got a request from her office that she wanted to meet me. So, I said I can meet her when she will be in the chief minister’s cabin,” Partha Chatterjee said.
In the meeting, the state government will request Irani to extend the mid-day meal scheme to classes IX and X too Meanwhile, state Food and Supplies Ministries Jyotipriya Mullick will participate in the food ministers’ conference in Delhi Friday. The meeting is likely to take up for discussion the implementation of the Food Security Act. West Bengal has not yet implemented the Act.
Mullick said he would argue that unless the Centre provided 100 per cent subsidy, the state could not implement the Act.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More