Reveiwing her five-day trip to Singapore, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee presided over a meeting of industrialists and businessmen that accompanied her to attract investment and discussed how to follow up on the 13 MoUs the state government had signed with various firms there.
The two-hour meeting was attended by 34 industrialists. The follow-up action would be concretised in the next meeting scheduled on September 5.
State finance minister Amit Mitra said,”The meeting was very positive. Industrialists from various sectors came to the meeting… They said they were getting e-mails from Singapore enquiring about their plans. They also said they would work as brand ambassadors for West Bengal and spread the message about the bright prospects of the state.’’
Mamata met the prime minister, foreign minister and several industrialists of Singapore during her trip last week. A 50-member delegation consisting of industrialists, government officials and film personalities went along with the Chief Minister.
Sanjay Budhia, a leading industrialist, who accompanied the CM described the meeting as enthusing and positive. “We discussed deadlines and datelines. The Chief Minister, the Chief Secretary and the Minister for Commerce and Industries have formed a spectacular combination, working wonders for the state’s industrial sector. In the next meeting, consul generals and deputy high commissioners of various countries will be present and we are sure the good work done at the Singapore visit will be taken further,’’ Budhia told The Indian Express.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016