Reveiwing her five-day trip to Singapore, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee presided over a meeting of industrialists and businessmen that accompanied her to attract investment and discussed how to follow up on the 13 MoUs the state government had signed with various firms there.
The two-hour meeting was attended by 34 industrialists. The follow-up action would be concretised in the next meeting scheduled on September 5.
State finance minister Amit Mitra said,”The meeting was very positive. Industrialists from various sectors came to the meeting… They said they were getting e-mails from Singapore enquiring about their plans. They also said they would work as brand ambassadors for West Bengal and spread the message about the bright prospects of the state.’’
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Mamata met the prime minister, foreign minister and several industrialists of Singapore during her trip last week. A 50-member delegation consisting of industrialists, government officials and film personalities went along with the Chief Minister.
Sanjay Budhia, a leading industrialist, who accompanied the CM described the meeting as enthusing and positive. “We discussed deadlines and datelines. The Chief Minister, the Chief Secretary and the Minister for Commerce and Industries have formed a spectacular combination, working wonders for the state’s industrial sector. In the next meeting, consul generals and deputy high commissioners of various countries will be present and we are sure the good work done at the Singapore visit will be taken further,’’ Budhia told The Indian Express.