With Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi targeting her government for inaction on the Saradha ponzi scam, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Saturday questioned what SEBI was doing and also targeted Union Finance Minister P Chidamabaram.
“These money making companies had surfaced and thrived during the Left Front regime. What was SEBI doing then?” Banerjee asked at an election rally here.
“Now there are clamours for a CBI probe. You can ask the CBI to investigate. Is this because I keep on protesting every time?” she said.
“The Trinamool government stands for transparency, accountability, and integrity. For that reason, we had arrested one person (Saradha Group chairman Sudipta Sen) and also sent one one of our MPs (Kunal Ghosh) to jail after arresting him,” she said, referring to the action taken by her government after the ponzi bubble burst.
Targeting Chidambaram, she said he had ruined the country. “The Congress finance minister has ruined the country. Tell him not to conspire. He is not fighting the polls this time for fear of losing,” she said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“With elections coming, it is being said that TMC should be caught. If I am found guilty, then arrest me and send me to jail,” Banerjee said.Reiterating her criticism of a media house in the state without naming it, she said, “What cheek do they have to talk when their newspapers and programmes were supported by advertisements of these companies.”
Banerjee also claimed that her government’s efforts to take action against these companies were also negated by the Centre.
“In the last three years, we passed a Bill in the Assembly to rein in these companies. But the Bill was returned twice by the Centre. What do they have to say now?” Banerjee asked.
The Congress, she claimed, was destined to be voted out of power.