“The four TMC candidates for the upcoming Rajya Sabha elections on February 7 are Mithun Chakraborty, Jogen Chowdhury, KD Singh and Ahmed Hassan Imran,” TMC general secretary Mukul Roy said.
On KD Singh, who is a TMC MP from Jharkhand, Roy said Singh had another 18 months left but would resign and contest from Bengal. Referring to Ahmed Hassan Imran, he said Imran was the editor of Kalom daily and was popular among minorities. “The panel, after looking into these suggestions in a meeting this morning, presented the list to Mamata Banerjee who approved the names,” Roy said.
Nomination for the Rajya Sabha candidates begin January 21. Of the 294 seats, 49 MLAs will need to support one nominated MP. TMC has 193, good enough to ensure three candidates and another 46 to back the fourth, Imran. Similarly, the Left, with 61 Assembly seats will have an extra 12 seats after securing one seat and Congress will have 38 seats. Sources in Trinamool are confident of Imran’s win.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched